Hello Postcard Friends –
“What’s with the nineteen?” Seconds! As in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 seconds.
That was the average time it took our website to load.
Back in January, I announced we were upgrading our website. I asked for you to share your feedback and any frustrations you experienced with the website.
Many of you were quick to mention I should avoid making too many changes since the current website was:
- easy to navigate,
- well organized, and
- easy to order.
The number one request was the ability to create a customer account so you could:
- View your past orders
- Track shipping
- Have your address auto-fill at checkout
Well, I am pleased to announce that customer accounts are now available. Yeah!
To create your new account:
- Simply click the “Login / Register” button on the top-right corner of our website.
- Click the “Sign Up” tab
Helpful Tip – If you register using the same email address as your past orders, those orders will show under “Orders” (however it may take an extra day for them to sync).
“Christopher, now what’s up with this new number,” you ask?
Ready for it? That’s the new average time it takes our website to load. Yes, seriously! Two seconds. As in one one-thousand, two one-thousand. Boom!
How is that even possible? Two main ways:
- we upgraded our website hosting, and
- optimized each page to load faster—a lot faster!
(Of course, that’s the simple version. If you’re interested in the dozen other enhancements, just hit reply and I’d be happy to answer your questions.)
You’re invited! Come “kick the tires” and check out the faster website, set up your account, or just look around at all the pretty postcards.
Lastly, it’s been a while since we’ve introduced any new or updated postcards. Here’s what we’re currently working on:
- Updating the Outer Space series to include the International Space Station, Hubble Telescope, and a gorgeous view of Earth.
- Updating our City of Houston series (will explain the humorous reason why in a future newsletter).
- Creating a new Barn & Farm postcard set.
Plus so much more. Stay tuned!