The six-story neon facade of the historic Fox Theatre marquee illuminates downtown Detroit, MI. When it opened in 1928, it was the flagship movie palace in the Fox Theatres chain, and is the largest surviving movie palace of the 1920s with over 5,000 seats. The theatre features a four-manual 36-rank Wurlitzer organ constructed especially for the theatre. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and designated a National Historic Landmark, the theatre was fully restored in 1988.
Paper: Premium textured card stock
Postage: Postcard stamp
© Christopher Arndt Images. All rights reserved. This derivative work is used under Creative Commons license (CC BY-SA 4.0) with attribution to Stephanie Hume.