Built in 1911, the Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church in Detroit, MI once boasted a membership exceeding 2,000 members in the 1920’s. Over the years, membership declined as people fled the city and moved to the suburbs – to the point that only a few hundred members remained before permanently closing in 2005. Now abandoned and falling into disrepair, the church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Paper: Premium textured card stock
Postage: Postcard stamp
© Christopher Arndt Images. All rights reserved. This derivative work is used under Creative Commons license (CC BY-SA 2.0) with attribution to Rick Harris.